Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day

Today was a big day and I wish I didn't have to work so I could perch in front of the t.v. and soak it all in. 

I have heard so many opinions on Christianity and the election and I read this post today from a blog that I visit regularly. This family is outstanding and I learn from them and look up to them constantly
Just take this into consideration.....


"Today is historic. America celebrates the inauguration is it's first black President.

I don't care if you have a big Republican elephant tattooed on your neck, if you are a Christian, today is to be chalked up as a victory.

There are a couple non-negotiables that all Christians must support. Yes, abortion is one of them. But so is racial equality. We need to focus on what we have in common, not what divides us. Today is a one of those "small step ... giant leap" kind of days.

A people group that was oppressed and enslaved for hundreds of years are now sending a representative to be the most powerful person in the world. This is a story of redemption and restoration. These are the kinds of stories that Christians like.

Jesus' mission was to launch the reign of God on the earth, through his birth, life, death, and resurrection. Today we see a small bit of that reign invading our broken, sinful, racist world. God is still in the business of putting broken things back to rights.

... and for that, we celebrate!"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is awesome tay!

la beast said...

its not me! I only WISH i wrote it!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected