Thursday, October 15, 2009

Alarms

This morning my alarm went off at 5 am
.................
I looked like this





(reject photo taken at James Morrison concert in April)


Then I fell back asleep into my "work"mare.
My alarm went off at 6:20.
......................
I looked like this





(same reject photo from James Morrison concert. It was so good I had to put it twice)


I really really really did not want to get out of bed this morning.

My down comforter and heavenly pillows had never felt softer.

The fan quietly squeaking didn't even bother me like it usually does.

Alas, it was time. I was already running late.

To be honest, I'd rather go to work then live in a "work"mare anyway.

As tired as I was I would have started my day sooner if I only knew the gloriousness that was about to come

1st period, I dreaded. I was not as prepared as normal and I wasn't in the mood for kids.

(hate to admit that)

Then it happened. My character of a student walks in. Her long brown hair fluttering behind her.

Her tiny leggings and converse high tops skip on in with waaaay too much energy for 8 am.

She stops in front of me, holds out her arm straight towards my stomach with the brightest most precious offering.

"Yo Ms Terry"

I look at her. I look down at her offering. I look back at her.
..........

and then I looked like this


(actually taken in London when I found 20 pounds cash on the dance floor but it still has the same emotion)

Today. I received my first apple as a teacher and I couldn't be more thrilled.

Not even the incident during third period when I was called a "B" spoiled this perfectly planted seed.

What a GLORIOUS day!


**note. I love my job. I love my kids....so much that I have worked myself into exhaustion trying to be the best teacher I can be. Sometimes you just have mornings like this morning :) **

No comments:

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected