Wednesday, November 26, 2008

He has called and I have come

I don’t really like to share too much of my personal life through my blog. I include just enough to give you a pretty good idea on who I am but a lot of things are personal and should be kept that way. However I am making ONE exception because I feel like you need to know the whole of it in order to understand this post.

I came to England thinking I knew what was up. That I had everything set. I was going to graduate, get a job and more than likely marry that kid that stuck around for so many years :) I was comfortable and I’ll be the first to admit that my spiritual life was at its lowest in years.
God had a different plan. He moved me miles away from home, took away any means of support from family and friends, made communication back home difficult with limited internet and expensive phone charges, terminated my relationship, drove a cement wall between a long-standing friendship, tested my professionalism, added some drama mammas to spice things up and even threw in a death in the family (my grandmother last Friday).
God does it not matter to you that I was PERFECTLY happy before?!? No. And I’ll tell you why. Because what I think of as “happy” doesn’t even compare to what God has for me. Not even on the same page. So I mosey on to England acting like I owned the place and here God comes along to knock me down a few pegs. Shake things up a bit.
Because honestly he’s been screaming at me for a while now. How else was he going to get my attention? Take away “everything” so that all I have is to rely on Him! To find comfort in Him! To find support in Him!

And His plan worked…psh! Of course it did!

“Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.” Romans 8:5

And even though things look miserable from the outside. I'm happy. Because the sequence of events needed to happen for me to get it. to understand my path was selfish.


But I find something so interesting. Before I left I prayed for my mentor teacher and my students. And the funny thing is, those two things have been my saving graces. My only point of sanity. All my worries go away and I am completely happy. Prayers are answered :) Thanks God :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Taylor, you have matured so much. I am so proud of you and all you accomplished during your time in Windermere. I really hope we can see each other when I'm in Dallas over the break! :)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected