Friday, September 11, 2009

this day eight years ago



As this day eight years ago changed life as we know it now I feel it appropriate to at least post a little smidgin in honor of the events of 9.11.01
Its unbelievable how much time has passed. Of course we all remember where we were and all the emotions felt. In high school I watched the second plane hit and the towers falling LIVE.

Today at 8.46 am, the time the first plane hit the first tower, our school stopped class to have a moment of silence in honor of Patriots Day. My students were 3 the day of the attacks. They had heard of it but didn't really have a clear concept of why or what it looked like. With their questions I found myself covered in goose-bumps, somewhat speechless, with tears in my eyes. They had no idea and for some of them my reaction put everything into perspective. So we stood during our moment of silence and proudly honored our flag with the pledge of allegiance, louder today than we ever had before.
God Bless


No comments:

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected