Thursday, November 5, 2009

Terrible, horrible, no good, very bad, teacher

I have a confession. I have been a
terrible. horrible. no good. VERY bad. teacher lately.

(picture taken for brothers project, post about that soon to follow)


I am exhausted.
I have been coming in early, staying late, and chasing down kids during lunch for tutoring.
I teach math after school on Tues and Thurs,
and math at a different school on Saturday.
**I am not trying to complain about the amount of work I have been doing. I truly love spending time with 11 year olds.**
BUT I have been doing SO MUCH for the kids, that today I noticed I have begun to resent them.

BAD TAYLOR.


Today I was snappy, and short with them. I caught myself tuning out their stories. Who am I? I love their stories! That is where I get all my entertainment.
but it got worse....today I cut them off while they were asking questions.
I was so annoyed with just the act of being questioned every 4.5 seconds that I not only cut them off....I severed their creativity. They were asking wonderful questions and were engaged and I dampered their eager minds.
Horrible.

3rd period is incredible. Even after I had blamed them for my problems, they cheered me up.
Dont worry. They know me so well that they VOLUNTARILY started to talk to me in British accents just because they knew I would bounce with glee.
Did I train them right or what?
Then after my math tutoring ended at 5pm I came back to my room to find this note taped to my door.

And then I remembered why I do so much for them. I cant give up even though I'm too tired to breathe. I do it for her. I do it for wolf. I do it for all of my 130 lovelies.



I also went and bought myself a cheeseburger for lunch. That also helped :)
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected