Thursday, August 20, 2009

Did that really just happen or was it a dream?





















So remember when I was day dreaming of Paul McCartney last month?


Last night mom, dad and I bolted over to the NEW Cowboys Stadium (beautiful btw) at the chance to awe over a LEGEND. It was a perfect night. We somehow beat the traffic in and out, had to stand in minimal lines, and even found a SMALL t-shirt amongst the sea of rampaged through XL's. Originally our seats weren't all together but ended up that way. We had a perfect view of the stage and for once I didn't care that I wasn't able to sing along on the front row of a concert. I was IN THE BUILDING and that was enough for me. I wouldnt go to Paul with anyone other than my mom and dad with the exception of my clone and FFFFUN aunt Lisa who wasn't able to make it.


{These photos are horrible. They were taken with my iphone. Apologies}

Paul was beyond incredible. Nothing fancy just pure brilliance. He doesnt need the costume changes and crazy sets with pyrotechnics, his music is enough. He made me laugh, made me cry, made me relax and made me dance. Sir Paul KNOWS how to put on a show.

I tried to soak it all in. "Taylor this is what you have been yearning for...for years!" I embraced every moment and yet not enough.


I just want to talk to him, actually, listen to him. This man has been in the presence of so many inspirational, motivational and talented people in his life time. He lived through some of the most influential time periods and has experienced so much. He just fascinates me. He is intelligent and driven and can sell 80, 000 tickets to a concert over 40 years later.

I just cant believe I had the opportunity to see my favorite songs of all time performed LIVE by the mastermind himself. I am SO grateful.

This morning I drove back to Austin at 4.30 am to make it to work by 8. I am exhausted but it was ABSOLUTELY 100% worth 3 hours of sleep and 6 hours of driving to and from.







PS........



Isnt my mother beautiful? I only hope I look half as stunning as she does at her age :)

No comments:

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected