Monday, August 31, 2009

Today was a GRAND day

Monday couldnt have gone any better. I am completely content right now that I dont want Tuesday to come. It cant beat this day.

Here's why

1. I got to work only to find the BEST email from a parent. She also copied in the principal and assistant principal to brag. :) Here is a little snippet:

Hello, Ms. Terry--

I just wanted to write and send a very warm thank-you for making my son feel so welcome at [Middle School] his first week of school. "John" attended "X" Elementary, and so he doesn't see a lot of familiar faces in the hallways. (His elementary classmates feed into another middle school) As shy as he is, and at this crucial middle school stage, I only hoped and prayed he would meet with a warm welcome from someone like you. You really made an impression on him.

This is why I love my job. Making a difference in kids lives. Mmmmmm.

2. My students are FANTASTIC. They behave and do what they are told and are interested in learning .... this far. I know we are still in the honeymoon stage sooo I'll let you know.

3. I played the Frank Sinatra station on Pandora all day today at school and my kids didnt complain ONCE that it wasnt Lil Wayne or Miley Cyrus. They just let me pretend I live in a simplistic world as I glide across the room in my a-line skirt and cardigan dreaming of dreams and excited about love...and maybe allowing myself to do it again one day. I dunno. We'll see thats kind of asking a lot ;)

4. The weather is changing. Dont get me wrong it is still 95 F outside but its not 108 F and I can tell autumn is soon. I can't wait for crisp cool days.

5. FOOTBALL SEASON begins this weekend!

6. Sexy Mike was working today ;)

7. I get to see Traci this weekend :)

8. One year ago today I left for England. It completely changed my life. This past year was interesting. Some of it good....most of it hell. And to be honest...I would go through another year of pain and heartache to get to this fantastic feeling on the other side. It feels good to be free :)

9.PAPER PLANES EP came out on itunes at midnight. Go check them out. "Talking to Space"
They are beyond talented and good guys to boot.

10. I also got to eat Subway for lunch. It also included iced tea and SUN CHIPS (yumm) No worries. I ran 4 miles at the gym tonight so Im covered.

yeah yeah! good day! yeah yeah!

No comments:

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected