Monday, August 3, 2009

:::I need to stop working out so much:::

Blogs can easily become a show of life. “Look how great my life is!” “Look what I did today…aren’t I fun?”

And while I do believe I have a great life and really do enjoy the small things I post about, I wouldn’t be human if I didn’t have bad days. Because I believe in full honesty and am not interested in painting my life as a perfect picture it’s about time I come clean with my fellow followers.

I’m having a bad day…err days rather.

I haven’t been myself for the past week or so and my poor roommate has been getting the brunt of it all. Never having been in my position she is an angel sent to be patient and as understanding as she can be. She listens yet doesn’t take offense when I don’t want to talk about it.

This morning after a night of no sleep I find a note that helps put it all into perspective. Thanks Kelly!

“Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight”- Proverbs 3:5-6

I wish I could control this situation that has my stomach in its own 3-ring circus or at least have a say in it but it’s not about me.

The only time I have felt at peace about this during the last week is when I dove deep into prayer. So instead of unhealthily working out 2 to 3 to 4 times a day to get my mind off of it and run off my emotions I am stating my plan as accountability.

No longer will I try to control what happens to me. It’s hard to hand over the reigns to my life but I’m not living for me I’m living because of Him and for Him.

But good things will come from this situation! I finally started writing again! It feels good. There’s nothing better for a writer than a troubled mind! I have so many ideas for this book- it’s a little overwhelming. But I think this one will be a good one. Maybe even a movie- wouldn’t that be freakin fantastic!

Thanks for reading. I appreciate you!

No comments:

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected