Sunday, December 13, 2009

John 1:14

Taking a break from editing....



I was so excited to go to church this morning. Probably because using Christmas songs for worship is one of my favorite things ever. Breakaway in College Station would have a "Worship Only" service the Tuesday before Christmas break and we would sing all of my favorite Christmas songs.

Well, at Austin Stone (my church) we sang my top 3 favorite Christmas songs three weekends in a row now. I love it. I get so emotional. Today, "La roommate" and I started to tear up a bit when the church sang O Holy Night. It was indescribably beautiful.

My favorite songs in order..
1. O Come all Ye Faithful
2. Joy to the World
3. O Holy Night

The sermon engulfed the meaning of Christmas today. Yes.. Jesus is the Reason for the season {buy bumber sticker here} but do we all really understand how significant His birth really was?

I will do my best to capture Matt Carters words. {the sermon will be posted here soon}

God had been silent for 400 years before the birth of Jesus. Generations after generations were left wondering where God was. Before Jesus, only one man a year, the high priest, could even get near God in the Tabernacle.


John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"

But John 1:14 says this about His birth
"The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth."

The Word became flesh. He came as man. We could see Him with our own eyes, talk to Him with our own mouths and touch Him with our own hands. Our Savior was born but so were personal relationships with the Lord, Emmanuel, God with us.

No longer is there a wall between us

Christmas is near! O Come let us adore Him!

No comments:

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected