Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Ben and Katie in Haiti

A fellow blogger and high school friend just recently sold all of her belongings and moved to Haiti with her husband. Only a couple weeks into their new life as teachers and missionaries their world was shaken. They are now survivors and helping with the aftermath. 


I have been pondering for a while now on how I wanted to approach my post on Haiti. This will probably come across as extremely offensive and I hope for just the opposite but, Im just gonna say it....


When I first heard of the news...I couldn't help but smile. 


In NO WAY was this a response to all of the pain and suffering of the Haitians. I am heartbroken for these people and in no way can relate to what they are going through. I cant even imagine it. Instead, I was smiling because Ben and Katie are there for a reason. Smiling because God's plan is real. Smiling because they can serve Him. Smiling because of all the people who will learn about Jesus through this devastation. Praise Him.


Please pray for Ben and Katie along with their Haitian community as they begin the healing process and check out their blog and their experiences here



(ahhhh this might be my boldest post ever and Im nervous)

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Wow, Taylor.

I was a little shocked when I started reading this, but how reassuring to see God's hand at work - both in Haiti and specifically in your friends' lives.

I needed this.

Nicole Jeannette said...

Hey girl,

I really like your blog! Definitely following :)

And I think it's important for us to remember, even in the midst of devastation God is there and I'm glad you knew your friends were there for a reason.

Nicole

stephanie a. orefice said...

YES. I like you. I like this blog. Be bold.

It's hard for us to feel okay praising God in storms we are not personally facing, HOWEVER.

That's what we are called to do. There are brothers and sisters around the world that are busy mourning and grieving, which is GOOD. but we still need to praise God through this, because he's still working.

And I went to your friends blog and scrolled through it, and I got such a sense of purpose... just confidence in God's having them there. The compassion that comes through in their writing, their hearts..

so it is good you are smiling, because you're seeing God use your friends in the midst of so much destruction and devastation.

LOVED THIS POST.

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected