Monday, March 29, 2010

Meet Kanye

Meet Kayne (Kanye) Phiri




This is the 11 year old child I sponsor. I was asked to sponsor a child from Zambia over Christmastime and was a little hesitant. I haven't really involved myself in African missions as I see there is so much to be done in our own country as well. Not that I am against it, I have just been caught up serving elsewhere. I think I mentioned on my blog before about my passion to foster children or adopt an early teenager. It will happen. Some day. Some how. But for now I will continue to care for the 120 + children I can mentor daily in my own classroom. 


As hesitant as I was...I couldn't resist this precious face! Oh lil Kanye...








How could you not?


So now I give Kayne (kanye) a quality, bible-based education, nutritional assistance, clothing, and medicare. I just received pictures in the mail INCLUDING a wallet size so I can show off his pouty smile to everyone who will let me :)


If you are interested in loving on someone like Kayne, then check out Family Legacy Missions International.

2 comments:

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

That is very cool. I always thought it would be interesting to sponsor a child. Thanks for the link.

Katy said...

:) Yay for Kayne making the blog!! Makes me so proud! Thanks again!!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected